Saturday, February 11, 2012

Neuro Nuts

 Since my mom had her mini stroke 2 years ago she has become the absent minded professor. Which is not a bad thing considering the other alternatives of a stroke. But none the less it has been getting a little worse so I went with her to see a Neurologist. OK queue the Dr. "OK I see your having some problems with your memory let me give you some test". OK can you walk to the end of the hall and back........mm mm OK run your your left foot up your right shin......Alright I have to admit I'm thinking WTF does this have to do with her memory she walked in here so she didn't forget how to do that but hey he's the one with the diploma. So he sends her to have another test done and I also go with her this time too and I'm not aloud back there but when she's done I ask her how did it go and she says great I did better then the nurse who tested me. At this point I'm like what tests did they give you she says puzzles and she read me a story and asked me to tell her what the story was about right after. Now queue me "Are you serious who can't tell someone what the story was about right after you get done hearing it they should have told you the story had you do something else then ask what it was about." Who makes up these tests.....I mean the women god love her starts working on the computer 5 minutes later she's out watering the plants and can't remember what she was doing on the computer but having her walk up and down a hall is totally gonna tell you what the problem is what a total crock of sh@&! then I thought OMG! if you did better then the nurse I don't want her doing any work on me if I go to the hospital. So I am at a loss for words and still no closer to an answer of why this is happening to my mom but I do know I now think neurologist are a bunch of nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment